It's a quick fifteen (15) minutes of your life that you will happily spend. Now on to our next event.
On July 30th, 2013 AD, we will be hosting our next Tuesday Tap Takeover with Drake's Brewing out of San Leandro, just thirty (30) minutes southeast of good ol' San Francisco. We have been drooling to get these guys in for a while as Hopocalypse, Jolly Roger, and Denogginizer have been three (3) of our favorite beers we have had since our inception! We simply could not decide between all the fantastic beer they offered up and were only able to narrow it down to eleven (11) beers ha ha. Without further ado, here is the Drake's lineup for the evening:
1. Hefeweizen - 4.5% ABV | 15 IBU - 60% wheat malt and 40% 2-row malt are incorporated with Noble hops imported from Germany. Then fermented with a Bavarian yeast strain that imparts the distinctive banana and clove aromas. The brewers skip the filtration step for that nice, cloudy appearance, and great, unfiltered flavor.
2. Blonde Ale - 4.8% ABV | 24 IBU - A Kolsch-style ale. Light in color from brewing with only 2-row malt, but big on flavor from imported Noble Saa(en)z and German Spalt hops.
3. 1500 - 5.5% ABV | 48 IBU - This hoppy American Pale Ale is loaded with Simcoe and Centennial hops which are blended in the fermenter just after fermentation has finished to impart a huge aroma of pine and citrus.
4. Amber Ale - 5.9% ABV | 28 IBU - An English-style Extra Special Bitter, or ESB. This deep copper brew has a pungent hop aroma from East Kent Golding and Willamette hops, but delivers a distinctly malty flavor from Crystal and Chocolate specialty malts.
5. Dry Stout (On Nitro!) - 6.5% ABV | 40 IBU - Comprised of 2-Row malt, roasted barley, and a select blend of dark malts and served on nitrogen. Enjoy the creamy mouthfeel, medium body, and the roasty, chocolate flavors.
6. Aroma Coma - 6.75% ABV | 75 IBU - Summer seasonal India Pale Ale delivers an olfactory hop assault that lives up to its name. Made with almost all 2-row barley malt and a touch of Caramalt for body, abundant Citra, Cascade, and Chinook hops with touches of Amarillo and El Dorada add huge citrus, pine, and floral notes. A double round of dry-hopping then amps up the aroma to a new level.
7. Aroma Prieta - 6.75% ABV | 75 IBU - Shake out from Aroma Coma with Aroma Prieta. Aroma Coma’s sister beer mirrors its twin starting with primarily American 2-row barley malt and a touch of Caramalt for body. New Zealand hops Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Jade, and Motueka in the double dry-hop give Aroma Prieta huge notes of tropical fruit, gooseberries, and grapefruit.
8. India Pale Ale - 7% ABV | 65 IBUs - A “West Coast” interpretation of an India Pale Ale. Copper colored from additions of light Crystal and Honey malts which carry the malt weight of this hop bomb. The hoppy aromas of pine and grapefruit are delivered from the abundant Chinook, Cascade and Falconer’s Flight hops.
9. Drakonic - 8.75% ABV | 40 IBU - A big, malty beast of an Imperial Stout that exemplifies the way they roll over at Drake’s. Two-row malt, Chocolate malt, roasted barley, and dark Crystal malts make up the grist. A touch of Columbus hops is added for bittering allowing the malt to shine through. Drakonic is smooth and dense with flavors of licorice, coffee and chocolate and a slightly dry finish.
10. Zinful Drakonic - 9% ABV | ?? IBU- Drakonic aged in mostly Zinfandel barrels and a wee bit of time in Port barrels. Thick and creamy, but surprisingly light on the palate. This sucker is hard to find!
11. Denogginizer - 9.75% ABV | 90 IBU - A big, bold Double IPA hopped with an abundant amount of Simcoe and Summit hops and a touch of CTZ and Cascade. Crystal and Munich malts add color and flavor and help balance out the hop assault (Leonard and Nikki's favorite beer at the moment). Hold on to your head!
Keep an eye out in the next few days for the lineup and food specials!
As always, there will be giveaways for flights of Drake's brews and DJ LexaKhan will be throwing tunes in, out, and blowing your mind. We look forward to seeing y'all there!
Smoochies, Len & Jerry