We are locked in with our next Tuesday Tap Takeover on August 20th, 2013 AD. Not only will we be featuring some delicious beer from Beachwood BBQ & Brewing, we will be gathering up some of their tasty sauces and featuring special dishes with them!
Here is the super fun line up for the evening:
1. Tart Simpson - 3% ABV | 4 IBU - A naturally tart wheat beer brewed in the traditional Berliner Weisse fashion. Equal parts of German pilsner and wheat malts are mashed in an oxygen free environment for 72 hours. Natural cultures on the grain husks sour the wort (unfermented beer) during this period in what's know as "sour mash." The beer is then gently boiled for a short period to preserve the fresh doughy notes present. Tart Simpson is fermented with one of our favorite German ale yeasts and cold conditioned for a period of three weeks to smooth our the flavors. The result is a light-bodied and refreshing wheat beer with subtle acidic notes and lively carbonation.
2. Breaker APA - 5.5% ABV | 51 IBU - A hopped up American pale ale (APA) with a generous dose of Pacific Northwest hops. Brewed with American 2-row malt and a touch of light caramel malt, this APA is dry hopped with Columbus, Centennial, and Cascade hops for a burst of fresh aromatics that greets every sip.
3. Udder Love Milk Stout - 5.9% ABV | 30 IBU - A traditional milk stout that's packed with rich flavors. We begin with British Maris Otter malt for a toasty foundation, then layer on three different types of British roasted malts for coffee and bittersweet chocolate flavors. The beer is finished with milk sugar from the heart of America's dairyland, Wisconsin, adding a silky mouth feel. Enjoy this smooth and luscious milk stout and fall utterly in love. Contains lactose. Gold Medal at 2012 Great American Beer Festival® in Sweet Stout Category.
4. Hop Drops - 6.2% ABV | 63 IBU - Hop Drops is a Belgian-inspired beer brewed outside the box. A base of German pilsner malt and a hefty helping of rye pave the way for a smattering of floral and citrusy European hops; we even used Mandarina Bavaria, an experimental German variety that adds distinctive tangerine accents. Brewed with our favorite Belgian yeast, Hop Drops is dry and highly sessionable.
5. El Verano Saison - 6.7% ABV | 41 IBU - A traditional Belgian-style saison that begins with a base of German pilsner malt and a generous portion of malted rye. Malted spelt and flaked wheat adds a pleasant earthiness while softening the mouth feel. We've incorporated local sage honey to accentuate the floral German hops used in the kettle. Fermented with our favorite Belgian yeast, El Verano has aromas of fresh fruits and delicate spices with a refreshingly dry finish and lively carbonation. Bronze Medal at 2012 Great American Beer Festival® in French/Belgian Saison.
6. Kilgore Stout - 7.1% ABV | 77 IBU - An American stout brewed with rye malt for a silky body, Kilgore is brewed with British roasted barley and chocolate malts for a roasty backbone with notes of coffee and cocoa. Hopped with Chinook, Columbus, Centennial and Cascade hops for a citrusy Pacific Northwest punch.
7. Hop Tub IPA - 7.1% ABV | 99+ IBU - Slide right in to a pint of this delicious West Coast India pale ale and let the fun begin! Hop Tub is right in line with Beachwood's "West Coast" IPA philosophy: hoppy, aromatic, and light on the malt to let the hops take charge. Dry hopped with Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, and Summit for a pungent and juicy aroma.
8. Laurel IPA - 7.2% ABV | 99+ IBU - Beachwood’s newest addition to its portfolio of West Coast IPAs. The foundation is laid with a base of American 2-row malt and a dash of light British caramel malt. Five different hop varieties are added to the kettle for massive layers of hop goodness. Amarillo, Summit, Columbus, Centennial, and Simcoe intermingle for an energetic burst of citrusy hop flavors. A generous dry hop addition of Amarillo, Centennial, and Summit make for a dank and pungent aroma that is sure to entice the most discriminating "hophead."
Check back with us soon for the next Tuesday Tap Takeover menu.
Smoochies, Len & Jerry