Here we go again! We are all set for our next Tuesday Tap Takeover with our close neighbors out in Rancho Santa Margarita - Cismontane. Join us on September 10th, 2013 AD for great brews, yummy eats, sick tunes by DJ LexaKhan, and fun times!
Check back with us soon for the full line-up for the evening, we have a preliminary list set out, and everything is making my mouth water already!
Annnnnnd, here is the list:
1. Marea Roja Flemish - 4.4% ABV | 13 IBU - This Belgian red is brewed Plymouth style, soured with raw grain that is added to the mix which introduces lactose visalus making for a tart and dry finish. Unique to this style, this beer is unaged, straight from the stainless steel vats, and pulled down naturally similar to a lambic.
2. La Crema - 4.5% ABV | 15 IBU - Cream ales are some of the most drinkable in the beer world. Our open fermenters allow this style to flourish with a bit more ester profile and full body. This beer is for sessions with friends on a hot day.
3. Holy Jim Falls - 4.5% ABV | 45 IBU - This XPA is named after the falls at the end of Holy Jim trail in the Trabuco Canyon. The refreshing flavor and hoppy aroma will certainly be enhanced when standing in the cool waters of the falls when you reach the end of the trail. Throw a couple of these in your bag for the hike and enjoy it to the sound of running water.
4. Session Saison - 4.7% ABV | 20 IBU - A traditional Belgian table beer. Light yeast driven notes of orange and clove. Quaffable, easy drinking and refreshing, this style is perfect for hot days in Southern Cali.
5. Wild Buckwheat Oktoberfest - 5.6% ABV | 30 IBU - Inspired by the season we took advantage of the fact that the California Buckwheat is going to seed and integrated this native species into the beer. The beer is a deep copper color, smooth and refreshing with a malty finish that has a touch of honeysuckle from the buckwheat.
6. The Citizen - 6.0% ABV | 45 IBU - The California Common almost disappeared after prohibition as did the term Cismontane. Our interpretation of this style is a golden warm fermented lager with sufficient hop aroma. As a brewer and citizen of Cismontane California it is our obligation to produce a fine Californian Common.
7. Coulter - 7.2% ABV | 60 IBU - Named after the coulter big cone pine tree this is a well-balanced rye I.P.A. It brings the beer style back to its roots. Brewed with a hit of rye for head retention and a deeper malt character, this beer has the best of all worlds, great hop aroma, a strong body and deceiving strength.
8. Zythos IPA - 7.4% ABV | 85 IBU - This is a classic Californian IPA brewed with all California grown malts. Zythos hops make for bright citrus notes are prevalent on the nose with a dry and pronounced bitter finish.
9. Saison Extra - 8.0% ABV | ?? IBU - This beer was brewed strictly for barrel aging so we didn’t pay too close attention to much outside of its gravity. Also, this beer literally carbonated itself! We used the DuPont yeast strain during primary fermentation. After filling wine barrels we had a about 50 gallons left over. We stored the ‘extra’ beer, uncarbonated, in kegs all summer where temperatures climbed well into the 80’s in our storage space. This encouraged the beer to re-ferment in the keg, naturally carbonating itself much like breweries in Belgium have been finishing saisons for centuries. Famously, Saison DuPont ferments at or above 90 degrees for some stages, so we are really looking forward to the ester profiles we created in Rancho Santa Margarita!
10. Blacks Dawn - 8.5% | 50 IBU - A heavy strong stout brewed with coffee, brown sugar and oats. With its powerful quality and morning ingredients it seems parallel to a solid dawn surf session at Blacks. With an inside connection to boutique roasted fare trade beans we were granted the opportunity to make this exceptional brew even better.
11. 3rd Anniversary Belgian Strong - 9% ABV | 20 IBU - Our 3rd anniversary beer has sweetness with a light to moderate spiciness. The malt is prevalent and has light caramel toast and bready aroma. The fruity esters are moderate, and contain raisin, plum, dried cherry, fig and prune notes. Alcohols are soft, spicy, and lightly perfumy. Coppery-brown in color with huge, dense, cream colored head. The varied flavors blend smoothly and harmoniously. This is a dark, complex, very strong Belgian ale that is rich, smooth and dangerous.
In the meantime, you guys can check out what the brewery looks like:
And Head Brewmaster, Evan, checking on some barrels:
See you guys soon!
Smoochies, Len & Jerry