We just wanted to slap the back(end)s of everyone who came out for the Saint Archer Tuesday Tap Takeover we just had, we had a lot of fun! Up next we have one of our favorite breweries out of the Centennial State of Colorado, Breckenridge Brewery! From humble home brewing beginnings, Richard Squire started batching up delicious beer in the 1980's and opened up his doors to public mouths in 1990. Breckenridge has quietly become one of the biggest and best craft breweries in the states and we are stoked to have them ransack our little establishment. With that being said, mark up, punch in, and remember February 25th, 2014 AD from 5 - 10 PM PST for our next Tuesday Tap Takeover!
Without further ado, here is the list for the evening:
1. Agave Wheat – 4.2% ABV | 19 IBU – Agave complements the refreshingly light quality of their wheat and adds a subtle note of flavor that expands this beer’s uplifting taste profile. It is familiar, yet creative.
2. Vanilla Porter – 4.7% ABV | 16 IBU – Deep in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Madagascar grows the perfect ingredient for an extraordinary Porter brewed in Colorado. Breckenridge Brewery’s Vanilla Porter. An ale that has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure.
3. Nitro Vanilla Porter – 4.7% ABV | 16 IBU – Their remarkably complex, wildly popular ale combines hints of chocolate, caramel, and coffee with an inventively delicious twist, for good measure. A vortex of flavors made even more alluring by a blast of nitrogen.
4. Oatmeal Stout – 4.95% ABV | 36 IBU – It's a bold, smooth-bodied concoction that oozes dark-roasted coffee aromas and flavors of espresso and semi-sweet chocolate. They round out these heady pleasures with a dose of flaked oatmeal for a creamy body and a semi-dry finish. Unforgettable.
5. Ophelia – 5% ABV | 23 IBU – A tale of two styles. The Quintessential good girl gone bad. Subtle hints of citrus round out the complex aroma of Mosaic hops, for a beer so drinkable, it’ll last through multiple acts.
6. Thunder Stout – 5% ABV | 20 IBU – American/Oatmeal Stout. Poured midnight black with a creamy chocolate brown head. Moderate lacing. Has an aroma of roasty and sweet malts, coffee and dark chocolate. Roasty and sweet malts, coffee and dark chocolate. Starts sweet and finishes a tad dry.
7. Lucky U – 6.2% ABV | 68 IBU – They sure did. And the result is a well-balanced, soulful IPA with just the right amount of hoppiness. An even keeled ale that goes down clean and refreshing, but still lets you know it’s been doted on by the Brewmaster. It's true to it’s IPA heritage, but also highly drinkable. Lucky U. And they seriously mean that.
8. 72 Imperial Chocolate – 7.2% ABV | 11 IBU – Brewed with chocolate from Colorado's very own Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, Inc., this Imperial Chocolate Cream Stout is full of rich, toasted chocolate notes with hints of dark fruit. 72 Imperial will take you where you need to go. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
9. 471 DIPA – 9.2% ABV | 70 IBU – 471 is a small batch, limited edition ale that was created by their Brewmaster to separate the weak from the strong. 471 is a double IPA, that combines Pale, Munich, Caramel-30, Carapils and Torrified Wheat malts, with Chinook, Centennial, Simcoe and Fuggles hops. It has a big sweet mouthfeel, followed by more hoppiness than you've ever had at one time. Enjoy.
Take a peeksies at what's in store in a couple of weeks:
We hope to see all of you guys here!
Smoochies, The Iron Press Crew